Wednesday, July 07, 2010

My Need for Fame: "It's All The Same Case!"

In an earlier post I tried to account for my decision in the fall of 2009 to devote this blog, My Daily Struggles, to my employment problems at the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld.

I wrote:

There is a good chance that I have what is called a Nobel Prize Complex. Many of my activities are motivated by a desire for notoriety and fame. I suspect the fact that it was announced in October 2009 that President Obama had been awarded a Nobel Peace Prize lent impetus to my desire to seek notoriety through my blog in the fall of 2009. The so-called "Balloon Boy Hoax" of mid-October 2009 was probably an additional factor that motivated me to gain notoriety through my blog. "There was, I now began to see, the chance to be an actor in a drama of historical importance."

My thinking is consistent; my observations about myself and the possible motivations for my behavior do not change over time.

In November 20, 2009 I explained the emergence of my seemingly paranoid belief that I was placed under surveillance by Akin Gump, my former employer, in late October 1988. I linked my beliefs and actions in October 1988 to a need for fame.

As one of my old law professors used to say, "It's all the same case."

No comments: